Atlanta voter guide to 2016
Atlanta voters have had a busy year in 2016, from the presidential primary on March 1 through the general election in November.
AJC Election Results: Come to MyAJC on Nov. 8 for updates all day and latest results. Election results will be posted beginning at 7 p.m.
The basics: To be eligible to vote in Georgia you must be
- A citizen of the United States
- A legal resident of Georgia and of the county in which you wish to vote
- At least 18 years of age by Election Day
- Not serving any sentence imposed by the conviction of a felony
- Not judicially determined to be mentally incompetent
If you are registering for the first time, or if you have moved to a new address, the deadline for registering is 30 days before the election.
To learn more about the candidates and where to vote, visit the League of Women Voters Guide to 2016 Elections on ajc.com
Here are the Election Dates for Georgia in 2016:
May 24, 2016: State and local primary election. Voter registration deadline: April 26.
July 26, 2016: RUNOFFS for any undecided races from the May 24 State and Local primary
Nov. 8, 2016: General Election (federal, state and local). Early voting begins Oct. 17. Voter registration deadline: Oct. 11.