Prepare for Georgia’s May 22 primary elections with the Politically Georgia podcast.
Since Qualifying Week, host Greg Bluestein and guests have broken down the races to watch and the topics that are impacting major contests.
You can subscribe and listen on Apple Podcasts, Google Play or Stitcher. You can also download or stream each episode below.
Bluestein, WSB Radio’s Condace Pressley and AJC Deputy Managing Editor Leroy Chapman Jr. break down each gubernatorial debate and discuss what they mean heading into Tuesday’s primary elections.
- Republican gubernatorial candidates spar in final debate before vote
- Democratic candidates for governor debate HOPE changes
James Salzer returned to the podcast to discuss everything you need to know about Georgia's gubernatorial primaries.
- Georgia 2018: Meet the Democrats running for governor
- Georgia 2018: Meet the Republicans running for governor
Secretary of state primaries
Georgia is in the process of deciding on new voting machines. The next secretary of state will have a key role in deciding what equipment Georgians will use. Mark Niesse joined the podcast to share everything you need to know.
Lieutenant governor primaries
Maya T. Prabhu joined the podcast to discuss the primaries for lieutenant governor in Georgia.
- David Shafer’s truthfulness questioned during GOP lieutenant governor debate
- Georgia lieutenant governor’s race draws political veterans, newcomers
Insurance commissioner primaries
It's a race that affects your life and your pockets. Salzer shares what you need to know about primaries for insurance commissioner in Georgia.
- Insurance commissioner race spotlights Georgia’s auto, health care woes
- Big spender plays unusual role in race for Georgia insurance chief
Analysis of voter polls
Two separate polls of likely Democratic and Republican primary voters were conducted in April. Bluestein and Tamar Hallerman analyzed the results and what they mean for the primaries.
Podcast reading material:
- AJC poll: Most Democrats haven’t decided on governor’s race
- Poll of GOP voters shows Cagle with strong lead in Ga. governor’s race
- Interactive: Complete results of Georgia GOP primary poll
- Interactive: Poll of Georgia Democratic voters, April 2018
- In a shift, most Georgia voters call for gun control restrictions
The 6th and 7th Congressional District races are among the most talked about races. Hallerman joined the show again to discuss.
- Jon Ossoff casts shadow over 6th District debate
- GOP looks to dust off 6th District playbook in midterms
- Georgia’s congressional candidates split over President Donald Trump
- Georgia congressional race pulled into national gun control debate
2018 elections overview
Listen a portion of the conversation that took place at Politically Georgia’s April 25 Pints & Politics event. With the Georgia primaries approaching on May 22, we discussed everything related to the 2018 elections.
Immigration is an issue to watch. Jeremy Redmon joined the show to discuss its impact on the upcoming elections.
- Georgia gubernatorial hopefuls put a bull’s-eye on illegal immigration
- Georgia congressional candidate takes aim at Trump over DACA in new ad
- Georgia races attract many first-generation Americans
Our first episode followed the qualifying deadline. Jim Galloway joined to discuss the atmosphere and an overview of all the races.
- Qualifying day takeaways: A surge of women and Democrats aim for Georgia office
- Qualifying in Georgia opens with a few surprises